About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Manager, Store Strategy & Operations Communications supports the development and execution of a communications strategy designed to inform, motivate and engage field employees around the Store Strategy & Operations initiatives, programs and processes. This individual should have strong technical writing skills and an ability to distill complex information into clear, actionable tasks.
This individual will work primarily with the cross-brand team of Store Strategy & Operations, writing content for multiple brands. In addition, this individual will play a coordination role with the brand-facing Field Communications resources, to ensure consistency in message content and voice where appropriate.
What you'll do
Acts as the Enterprise Store Strategy & Operations conduit for all field communications to develop clear, timely, action-oriented communications that drive store execution across our family of brands. The manager will participate in meetings and interactions with the Store Strategy & Operations cross-brand team to develop the necessary context and expertise that informs field communications.
- Partners with the Store Strategy & Operations to deliver programs and projects that optimize operations, tools and processes for consistent execution in stores and roll out new, innovative programs focused on improving the employee and customer experience.
- Represent the voice of the field in all interactions and build highly collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to foster connections between HQ and field teams.
- Collaborate with the brand Field Communications and Workload teams and have their finger on the pulse of all communications to field employees to help safeguard the volume of information and ensure material is digestible and produces the best result for the intended audience.
- Provide communications support for the Store Strategy & Operations Vice President by conveying organizational updates and milestones to key business partners.
Who you are
3-5 years of communications experience (Retail field or operations experience is a plus)
Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field
Excellent written, verbal and advisory skills with strong attention to detail (Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and In-Design preferred)
Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to track progress to deadlines
Ability to partner and build relationships with all levels within the organization and manager sensitive information discreetly
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a great customer and audience focus
Ability to work globally, collaborate with others and work effectively across teams without direct reporting relationships
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs