About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. TechnicalLead role is providing exceptional IT support to functions across Gap Inc. andensuring that the technology needs of our internal customers are beingaddressed proactively with a primary focus on Executive level support across 3campus locations. This position willrequire partnering with Gap Inc.’s Service Desk, and global GapTech teams toresolve technical and process related issues and ensuring that all issues andrequests are resolved within the agreed service level objectives and wheneverpossible, exceed agreed upon SLO’s. The positionwill provide clear and timely communications to the Specialty Support Teammanager and Design Team customers, detailing resolution timelines.
This rolealso involves scheduled on-call after-hours support, as well as periodicoff-site support, including meetings, conferences, and home visits. Ifissues cannot be resolved by the Sr. Technical Lead, they are responsible forengaging the appropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, to quickly and efficientlyresolve outstanding issues.
The Sr. TechnicalLead will develop close cross-functional relationships to understand the basictechnical aspects of the tools they specialize in, and how our high-level customersuse them in their day-to-day work. The Sr. Technical Lead will providetrainingesolution for the most common problems (such as physical layerissues, resolving username and password problems, uninstallingeinstallingbasic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software setup, and assistance with navigating around application menus) throughinteractions at our Tech Bar, as well as individual sessions and workshops.
What you'll do
- SubjectMatter Expert for support for Gap Inc. executives, and their specialized tools,across all brands and serves as immediate escalation point for audio/visualsupport, technical operations, and process issues. This would include responsibility for providingA/V and technical support for executives including Board of Directors meetingsupport.
- Developstrong support relationships with customers, and partner with key businesscontacts to proactively support all IT initiatives for their teams
- Managesuccessful onboarding of new hires across the campus, configure their systems,and ensure they have access to all the necessary tools for their role
- Partnerwith teams across GapTech, and Gap Inc. to troubleshootesolve issuesimpacting customer’s systems, and tools, and drive resolutions to issues and managerelationships with vendors who service the software tools, and hardware thatour customers use in their daily work
- Workclosely with leaders from all brands to gain a strong understanding of theirtechnical needs, and offer sound solutions that present opportunities tomitigate issues, and provide efficiency in the way they work
- Provideoff-hours support during busy periods when the business has aggressivedeadlines, and on-call support on a scheduled rotation to ensure team isavailable 24/7 for support
- Continuallyanalyze quantitative and qualitative data, evaluate opportunities to improveexisting processes, and drive initiatives to improve our technical and servicedelivery to our customers
Who you are
- 5+years of IT services and support experience gained in a large enterpriseorganization, preferably in the retail industry and educated to degree level ina relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, andexperience
- Provenexperience in providing 1st / 2nd line IT support –and previousexecutive support experience desired
- Abilityto effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-pacedenvironment and displays proactive engagement, deadline oriented, and highsense of urgency
- Provenability in resolving/analyzing technical problems or process opportunities andrecommending sound, creative, logical solutions
- Dynamicteam player, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skillset withstrong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate point ofview
- Highprofessional standards: confidentiality, decorum, excellent customer serviceskills; possess a positive “can-do” attitude
- Subjectmatter technical expertise with troubleshooting MS Windows / Mac OS, OfficeSuite, Outlook, Teams, Box, OneDrive, mobile devices, and audio/videoconference support
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Indexfor the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs