About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Web Content Developer whois confident, adventurous, soulful, fun-loving, high-performing andservice-oriented individuals who have technical excellence in their fields,show extraordinary potential, and can embrace new ideas and thrive in ourever-changing environment.
What you'll do
- Ownership of WCD development on the site forboth marketing and functional specifications. Own deliverables of tasks, manage marketing materials coming in from productionand design team.
- Cheerful, enthusiastic, “can-do” partner withbrand production, marketing and creative teams
- Work closely with GapTech development onchallenging technical features.
- Troubleshoot coding issues and bugs, assetmanagement and code version control.
- Collaborate with design team and UX toincorporate visual design into functional web pages.
- Proactively define and communicate risks with production and leadership.
Who you are
- Exposure to REACT, Node.js and Anchor.JS& OOP(Object-Oriented Programming) aplus, Version Control Software (Git, CVS, Subversion, VSS, etc.)
- Proficient in Web production tools (FTP, UnixCMD, and Text Editors), cross-platform and browser compatibility issues
- Working knowledge of XML, AJAX
- Familiarity with SEO, Adobe Photoshop, website accessibility, website performance-oriented coding skills
- Strong organizational and time managementskills, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines- utilizes strong communication skills to inform production teams of status andto resolve conflict where confusion may arise
- 2 years of college or equivalent experience, 2years (minimum) web site production and programming experience, E-commerce sitedevelopment a big plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs