About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position open only to those candidates who live in Placer County and the surrounding Sacramento, California area.
This position will be onsite for a minimum of 8 weeks during training and on-boarding
We’re looking for a Customer Support Fraud Specialist to field inbound calls from internal and external customers. In this role, you’ll manage order reviews, customer issues and de-escalate customers. This position requires placing outbound calls to customers for verification of billing information. You will become an expert on brand policies and procedures in order to provide accurate information to both internal and external customers.
What you'll do
- Ability to research and resolve (clear, cancel, customer/bank follow-up) orders utilizing fraud tools.
- Make outbound and receive inbound customer phone calls to limit fraud. Resolve customer issues while following the department guidelines for verification.
- Resolve orders that are held for fraud checks utilizing the fraud tools while maintaining department goal set for chargebacks.
- Be comfortable working in a PC environment using an order entry system for order review, fraud review and order entry, and an email system for email management.
- Consistently and successfully deescalate customer issues while remaining empathetic in tone and demeanor; Act as a customer advocate by researching and resolving complex customer concerns in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate with banks and credit card companies and consistently maintain a high level of accuracy in noting customers’ orders and correspondence via email.
- This position will also help the customer service team take phone calls during periods of high call volume.
Who you are
High school diploma or GED
1-3 years of experience in Customer Service and Contact Center Operations; 1 year of experience with credit card service and banks
Capability of working in a fast paced environment, multi-tasking, and showing a genuine interest in satisfying the customer, while meeting our service performance standards.
Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills with Professional telephone voice and phone etiquette.
Intermediate Order Management System understanding and skills.
Provide outstanding customer service by demonstrated abilities in managing escalated customer issues with limited assistance.
PC skills: Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, Outlook, internet or other software/database skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs