Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Associate Designer for Women's Woven Bottoms will support the design + development process for our women's woven bottom categories, including pants, shorts + jumpsuits.
• Participates in seasonal research for emerging trends and competitor analysis
• Assists in ensuring that product is brand right, consistent with market trends and fits the business strategy
• Partner with designer to sketch new styles each season
• Responsible for sketch callouts and communicating desired fit and aesthetic to tech design
• Involvement in fittings and responsible for maintaining sketch updates in PLM and specifications (i.e. trims, wash, etc.)
• Create tech packs in PLM following Product to Market Calendar to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
• Participate in line edits to land final assortment
• Recommends revisions/colorways on stripes, plaids and prints
• Assists in fabric and trim development
• Meets independently with vendors
Who you are
• 2 – 4 years of design experience
• Computer knowledge of PLM and Illustrator
• Solid hand sketching flat skills
• Solid understanding of design process
• Good design, trend and color sense
• Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
• Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
• Knowledge of wash processes and garment dye techniques
• Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
• Demonstrated time management and communication skills
• BA in Fashion Design or related field preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.