Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As a District Manager at Gap Specialty retail, you lead a portfolio of stores and coach a team of retail General Managers to deliver an optimal customer and employee experience, operational excellence, merchandising execution, maximum productivity and profitable sales and earnings growth. You are accountable to drive consistent, high performance across all initiatives, and for ensuring consistency between your retail stores as measured by the P&L and other reports
What you'll do
Attract, hire, develop and retain the best team to meet both short and long-term business goals.
Monitor performance and consistently follow-up to ensure results are delivered.
Develop individual and team performance & capabilities via clear expectations, intentional conversations, meaningful recognition and accountability
Demonstrated ability to drive results; execute based upon direction and manage multiple, competing priorities
Demonstrated ability to build merchandising capability and coach to sustain merchant strength in stores
Demonstrated ability to build diverse, high performing teams with an inclusive environment
Who you are
You are part of the Upper Field and lead your own team of General Managers.
Responsible for all aspects of performance for your portfolio of stores.
Drive profitable sales through effective business analysis; identifying financial opportunities in your portfolio of stores and action plan to deliver desired results.
Build a high performing team and strong talent pipeline.
Collaborate with peers and cross functional partners in Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Operations, Visual Merchandising and other HQ partners to make the best business
Model and inspire your team to embody your brand’s mission and the.Gap Inc. culture: Be fast. Be fearless. Be better. Be bold
- Ability to travel between stores
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs