About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, Direct Mail is responsible for driving the overall Direct Mail strategy, execution, and evolution in partnership with all the Gap Inc. brands and the Loyalty and Payments team. This includes customer targeting, segmentation and overall contact strategy of the direct mail programs with the goal of driving incremental sales performance and inform ongoing learnings in customer relationship management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in customer segmentation and circulation in either the postal mail or e-mail environment, and/or direct marketing strategy, planning and analysis. Candidates should exhibit excellent technical and communication skills, analytical marketing experience, and be familiar with customer database systems. Individual should be self-motivated, able to work independently and balance a workload that consists of both ongoing, detail-oriented campaign development processes as well as strategic growth projects, project management, system improvements and strategic road mapping. This role will manage three direct reports.
What you'll do
- Partner with relationship marketing teams to identify direct mail plans for the year understanding business objectives and impact to business.
- Identify strategic opportunities to maximize brand goals, present to leadership to gain buy in, and execute in a swift manner.
- Partner with current vendors to optimize relationship with Gap Inc. and identify new vendors that may help Gap Inc. achieve direct mail goals.
- Utilizing data and insights develop and present hindsight campaign reporting including learnings and recommendations to inform future planning efforts.
- Partner with senior leaders to develop and manage strategic roadmap.
- Work with cross-functional leads to build and execute a robust test/learn plan.
- Lead three direct reports.
Who you are
- 7+ year’s experience in direct (email or direct) marketing,
- Experience with segmentation and/or circulation environment and program results analysis.
- Experience in managing at least one direct report or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Epiphany or other CRM campaign management tool a plus
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS as well as TOAD or other database query tool, and/or experience with a reporting or data mining tool a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills, logical thinker
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Organized and proactive and with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs