About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director, Customer Service is a member of the Contact Center Leadership Team that is responsible for developing the customer service strategy and goals to deliver a positive and seamless customer experience. Gap Inc. is investing in a personalized, effortless customer experience and building best-in-class capabilities that integrate seamlessly with our physical and digital experiences and modernizing the way our teams work. The Director will lead teams supporting our store and online customers across multiple brands, both domestic and international.
The Director will need to think globally and strategically with the ability to analyze and leverage data in decision making. The position requires a high degree of partnership and collaboration with other Contact Center senior leaders in supporting a complex organization with a multisite workforce, including a large remote agent population.
The position will establish and implement product/service standards that ensure quality and consistency. It’s critical to deliver an engaging customer experience as measured by VOC surveys and to deliver service level metrics and financial goals. This individual will create an environment focused on curiosity and resourcefulness and will drive engagement with a continuous improvement mindset. They will need to lead their teams and the contact center organization through change in an industry and environment that is undergoing transformation.
The ability to develop and motivate talent is critical for the leader in this role. They will set high expectations and coach and empower teams and individuals to be successful and accountable in meeting business and development goals.
The Contact Center Director is responsible for delivering and assisting in the development of a customer care strategy that integrates with the broader Customer Experience journey while driving business results and creating a competitive advantage for the brands. Knowledge of current and emerging channels and technology platforms is required.
What you'll do
- Manage and lead a team of Managers responsible for Service and Sales across multiple channels and sites. Effectively lead, motivate, coach and develop a strong, diverse leadership team. Develop talent to build bench strength to support employee growth and succession planning.
- Own and deliver a world class customer experience that aligns with the company’s business strategy. Create a customer-focused culture that leverages VOC, quality and other customer feedback data to assess, analyze and drive improvement.
- Participate in the development of the Contact Center strategy and long range plan. Understand key industry and customer trends as well as the technological environment. Demonstrate the ability to execute on business initiatives and projects.
- Embrace and support the organization’s transformational goals and expectations. Successfully communicate the vision and mission and lead teams through change and the organizational adoption process.
- Drive accountability for operational and financial metrics. Lead focus on continuous improvement processes to gain efficiencies and improve effectiveness. Inspire team to be creative, innovative and quick to take action that moves the needle.
- Effectively manage an operational budget to execute and deliver consistent financial results that meet or exceed the plan and forecast.
- Manage administration of policies and procedures. Review, resolve and provide awareness on issues affecting Company compliance and legal requirements.
Who you are
- 10+ years customer service experience required with a history of progressive leadership experience.
- Knowledge of CRM and core contact center systems, tools and infrastructure. Experience in developing, leading and driving business and technology projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and the ability to manage a budget and meet financial goals.
- Strategic thinker with business curiosity and strong critical thinking skills. Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success in leading, managing and motivating others; team building and management skills; organizational and staff development skills. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs