We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
What you'll do
- Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
- Manage and track samples
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
- Create, enter & perform in-season updates to product information in multiple data bases
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchandising team
- Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)
- Assist in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
- Attend cross functional meetings and class reviews to stay abreast of any changes in assortment and strategies
Who you are
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications – Excel, Word & Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
- Impeccable attention to details regarding system applications.
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice
- Highly adept at learning systems such as FileMaker, InDesign and Venus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- 4 year degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs