About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
MEET THE TEAM:
From cotton to customer our GlobalSupply Chain and Operations (GSC) and Product Operations organization is comprisedof thousands of employees who source, produce and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconicAmerican style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and multiplechannels.
Our Global Supply Chain is in an exciting stage of evolutionas the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longer enough for supplychains and operations to be just “execution engines.” We have to deliver realvalue to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. Wedo this through the relentless pursuit of great product, leverage of scale,operating excellence and positive community impact. The supply chain is at thecenter of transformative shifts in sourcing, fulfillment, and inventoryoptimization across markets coupled with rapid response to changing customershopping preferences.
We are seeking someone with a passionfor data and operational improvement - Someone who thrives in across-functional working environment and will enjoy learning about all aspectsof the retail supply chain. The Sr. Analyst S&OP works closelywith Global Production, Allocation Strategy IM, Finance and GSC Logisticspartners, translating Brand and Network data to provide insights to market,channel, division and/or product specific details. These insights will evaluate flow forecasts, inventoryavailability, promotional calendar targets and network performance trends toidentify opportunities for service improvement and cost optimization.
What you'll do
- Analyze inventory flow planning and forecasted availability;provide insights to “on time to store” for all markets and channels; includestracking forecast accuracy for new flow and replenishment to identify stockingrisk and coordinating operational visibility
- Manage and track logistics performance trends impactinginventory availability and make recommendations around planning assumptions toBrand Ops S&OP team.
- Manages the structured process that supports allocation andstore labor planning:
- Maintains pick calendar / allocation and delivery dates
- Creates store delivery forecast
- Creates DD01
- Participate in the development of standardized diagnosticand reporting tools and facilitate weekly updates forleadership teams
- Identify process improvement opportunities, including identifyingkey issues, developing recommendations and implementation plans, supported withqualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Identify and track the metrics to measure the success of aspecific business opportunity
- Proactively foster strong brand and business partnerrelationships as part of analytical efforts
Who you are
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to develop and apply analytic solutions tosolve business problems and deliver operational improvement.
- Demonstrated examples of working with business partners todeliver a solution that met objectives.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to developand maintain effective business partner relationships and collaborate withcross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects,to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain complex businessintelligence, financial reporting and/or supply chain models.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Excel modeling.
- Knowledge of inventory strategy, supply chain management,and optimization preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- Bachelor degree in IndustrialEngineering, Operations Research, Economics, Data Science, Supply ChainManagement, or related analytic field.
- 2-4 years of experience in analyticsrole; analytic consulting in retail/consumer products or supply chain.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs