About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Manager of Visual Merchandising to successfully oversee creation of compelling seasonal in-store merchandise presentations for Women’s, Women’s Expanded and Petites product categories. The Manager of Visual Merchandising ensures that training, direction and communication to the Field organization is clear and concise. This role establishes dynamic relationships with key cross-functional business partners and participates in various department projects.
What you'll do
- Work with VM Director and Merchants to develop product placement strategies for seasonal store sets.
- Participate in pre-season pipeline meetings to influence and execute product placement (i.e. Alignment and Adoption).
- Manage all facets of the seasonal visual store sets and weekly merchandising updates, ensuring the visual presentation direction is created, completed and receives appropriate approvals.
- Works with Senior Stylist create key looks for the season and windows.
- Conducts seasonal merchant, director and VP store set walk-throughs.
- Occasionally participates in store work-throughs and new store openings.
- Manages own schedule to plan/prioritize workload, meet deadlines and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Who you are
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of visual merchandising experience and 2+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
Ability to link creative ideas to immediate innovation needs in the present.
Ability to evaluate business indicators and translate into actionable direction.
Focus’ on the customer perspective and uses that knowledge to guide decisions.
Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Strong attention to detail and personal organizational skills.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs