About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Analyst works closely with the Digital, Strategy & Analytics teams to develop an accurate financial forecast for divisional expenses and to predict business performance and highlight key issues for senior management. This role provides the opportunity to work and influence business partners that support Gap Inc. brands’ omni-channel initiatives. You will have exposure partnering with all the brands and different functions across Gap Inc. (i.e., Brands, FP&A, GapTech, etc.)
What you'll do
- Develop the financial forecast for divisional expenses that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues to senior management
- Manage the financial close process and delivering accurate financial results, including journal entries and variance analysis
- Develop the budget and long range plans that meet corporate requirements, are aligned with the business strategies, and recommendations from key business partners
- Own ongoing expense management efforts including annual headcount and contractor expense, global brand online photography, e-mail, text messaging and marketing expenses; evaluate current business trends along with new business opportunities
- As needed, provide financial analysis and discounted cash flow models of projects by partnering with multi-functional business partners across Digital, Strategy, and Analytics
- As needed, enable strategic decision making of investment choices through business case analysis and measurement
Who you are
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Sound knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theory
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and analysis of various data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Oracle and Essbase experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 4 to 6 years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs