About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Communications Manager plays an important role within Gap Inc.’s Policy + Values Communications team to advance the company’s reputation through strategic and integrated communication plans, compelling editorial content and thought leadership. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about internal/external storytelling, especially as it relates to elevating the company’s long-held values and commitments to equality, inclusion and sustainability.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of business and trade media, including what makes for a strong, news story; is a persuasive writer with demonstrated experience writing about purpose-led and corporate reputation topics; has managed end-to-end content development and distribution across multiple channel platforms and formats –from blogs, press releases, contributed content, newsletters, social copy and employee channels; is proficient with tracking metrics and reporting results; and engages employees in a global and culturally-diverse setting through compelling communications.
This role entails creating and managing communications to broad audiences internally and externally, including identifying the best channels and strategies to proactively highlight content.
What you'll do
- Build and manage proactive communications plans, including content strategy and execution timelines, for internal and external audiences.
- Write compelling, persuasive internal and external content that highlights company values, sustainability initiatives and policies.
- Create and manage timelines for projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Drive internal employee communication strategies and execute content distribution for priority projects.
- Measure and track results; prepare reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
- Support brands and subject matter experts across Global Sustainability, Supplier Sustainability, Gap Foundation and Diversity & Inclusion with storytelling priorities related to the company’s values and commitments to equality, inclusion and sustainability; collaborate with external third-parties and stakeholders to amplify content.
- Research media and speaking opportunities, identify awards and other ways to highlight company progress and reputation, occasionally create presentation materials.
Who you are
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director, Policy + Values Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; focus in Communications or Journalism ideal.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; PR agency or corporate communications experience preferred.
- Superb, persuasive writing skills with proven record of creating and editing for internal and external audiences.
- Experience defining KPIs, managing reporting and showcasing data-driven results.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- A successful candidate is highly collaborative and inclusive, creative and flexible to respond to changing deadlines.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs