About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced corporate and securities lawyer to join a team of legal professionals handling a broad range of corporate matters, including general corporate, governance, corporate secretarial, legal entity, securities, executive compensation, treasury, tax, acquisitions, and foundation. The lawyer will advise on, handle, and manage a variety of matters, initially focusing on securities, executive compensation, strategic relationships and acquisitions, and general corporate, but the ideal candidate should expect that the role will evolve over time. Key business partners initially will include Accounting, Investor Relations, Communications, Compensation, Tax, and Corporate Strategy.
The role is based at Gap Inc.’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate and Global Equity Administration.
What you'll do
- Manage, prepare, and advise on a variety of corporate and securities matters, including public disclosures and 1933 and 1934 Act filings and compliance
- Advise, support, and draft agreements for strategic relationships, investments, and acquisitions
- Advise and support on executive compensation and benefit plans and related matters
- Handle miscellaneous corporate, securities, and financial matters
- Build relationships with legal colleagues and business partners to effectively provide legal and strategic advice to assist the business to meet its objectives
Who you are
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs