About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Ecommerce Supply Chain Capability will play a crucial role in accelerating the growth of Gap Inc. brands’ online businesses around the world. We partner with supply chain, product and brand leadership to enable Gap Inc’s online businesses to deliver on their commercial targets and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, logistics, IM, change management, cross-functional leadership and project management. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership, partnership, operational and analytical skills who is passionate about working cross-functionally to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interesting and challenging problems.
The Senior Manager of eCommerce Supply Chain Capability will play a crucial role in supporting the evolution of our ecommerce fulfillment capabilities – in short, how do we get product in customers’ hands quickly and reliably, and deliver an exceptional online shopping experience? This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning, business operations, product management and finance, requiring a mix of analytics, cross-functional leadership, and project management. We are looking for a candidate with the ability lead a team, drive detailed analytics and influence cross- functionally to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interesting and challenging problems.
What you'll do
- Provide strategic and analytical support as the brands explores opportunities to improve the customer’s ecommerce experience, particularly as it relates to fulfillment, e.g.
- Model impacts to shipping P&L of changes to fulfillment experience or UX/UI changes
- Deliver insights and package recommendations into executive-ready content
- Support broader strategic projects related to the Ecommerce experience or Logistics in order to enable improved supply chain optimization or capabilities. This includes:
- Evaluate current processes and tools that impact the Ecommerce network, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving to solutions
- Project manage cross-functional project teams across supply chain, brand, web production
- Be flexible and ready to jump into ad hoc supply chain fulfillment projects
- Support reporting and insights generation for the shipping P&L across all brands globally. Key responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain models to track shipping P&L and key metrics, coordinating with leaders in Brand Finance, Company Planning, Marketing, Transportation and Logistics to interpret findings, identify opportunities and communicate recommendations to business leaders
- Measure impact of shipping-related promotional activity, partnering with Brand Finance, Company Planning and Marketing teams to hindsight impact and identify new opportunities
- Serve as a critical “connector” between Global Supply Chain and brand management, helping teams work together more effectively
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, as well as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling, financial modelling) as needed
- Lead critical holiday readiness initiatives to ensure successful ecommerce fulfillment during Gap Inc’s busiest and most critical season
- Model network health as it relates to brand inventory, demand, and facility capacity, making recommendations to maximize growth and mitigate risk
- Accountable for holiday readiness among supply chain functions supporting the ecommerce business
- Maintain ongoing understanding of omnichannel (ex. ship-from-store) operations, partnering with brand and supply chain partners to assess impact of omnichannel on ecommerce fulfillment for a brand
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including DC Operations, Transportation, Advanced Analytics, Company Planning, Marketing and Production
- Manage senior-level communication to global supply chain and brand leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations
- Assess cross-functional training needs and develop materials to support performance improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
- Manage and oversee the work of eCommerce team members, providing constructive feedback and support
Who you are
- 7-10 years of total experience, including 3+ years in management consulting, finance or similar analytical role
- Experience in ecommerce fulfillment or operations a plus
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis and modelling, creative problem solving, and complex cross-functional project management
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (SQL preferred)
- Experience with financial and business database systems and tools (e.g. Essbase) and/or aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retail technology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs