About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Director HR is responsible for providing strategic HR business partnership that results in a high-performing, engaged workforce and a more productive and profitable business. This role contributes to the health and success of the organization by having a deep understanding of the business priorities and proactively collaborating with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement talent strategies that meet the needs of the business including ensuring that the function(s) has the right talent, structure and processes in place. To be successful, this role must develop and sustain strategic and day-to-day consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams and act as a trusted coach, advisor and confidant on business and talent related issues and opportunities. The Director must also build effective working relationships with Old Navy and Gap Inc. Communications and HR partners in Recruiting, Learning & Development, HR Operations, Compensation and Employee Relations.
What you'll do
- Utilize understanding of the business levers (e.g. comp, store sales, conversion, and gross margin) to design and implement HR solutions
- Ensure end-to-end capabilities and processes are in place for HR direct reports and Operations leaders to achieve the HR strategy.
- Anticipate competitive moves in business and HR and exceed the competition year-after year
- Set zone HR priorities based on the North America Field strategy and resolve competing priorities promptly
- Ensure required support systems are in place to meet goals, including people, budget, systems and sponsorship
- Ensure HR systems & processes are connected field functions and zones and deliver productivity gains
- Identify new, value-added work to improve results and reduce complexity
- Produce predictable results by holding HR team and zone management team to agreed upon plan and measures
- Use the brand's promise to guide development of products and services and ensure it is supported by people initiatives
- Measure results of initiatives to identify opportunity for improvement to achieve increased satisfaction with products and services
- Support the business by insuring people initiatives are designed and executed to support growth and operating strategies for the stores organization
- Gain input from stakeholders (Zone Vice President and HR peers) and effectively communicates the vision and business direction of the people strategy for the division.
Who you are
- 10 years Field Human Resources management experience
- 5 years of experience leading teams
- Experience working with teams remotely
- Proven experience as a strategic business partner, understanding how to add value through focus on the business operations and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisions and functions to design solutions to business issues
- Experience working with senior-level management team
- Demonstrate influencing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate organization and project management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to successfully work under pressure and handle highly sensitive issues
- College degree preferred
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs