Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
The Inventory Strategy group designs, creates, and implements inventory and price optimization capabilities that enable Gap Specialty to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience.
The Sr. Analyst is primarily responsible for providing research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and capturing strategic opportunities. He or she will own and manage small projects or parts of larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of supply chain / inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Serve as a liaison with brand functional teams (merchandising, planning, finance, information technology)
- Work with others to bring form / structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues and opportunities; partner to identify solutions
- Support the IM teams through system and process changes via labs, office hours, individual TBs and trainings
- Become a process and system expert while being able to see how both could/should change given future capabilities and/or opportunities for refinement
Who you are
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis - ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Ability to structure project activities, resource allocation, timing, and interdependencies
- Ability to drive results across simultaneous projects under tight time pressures
- 2 to 4 years work experience required
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs