About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Corporate Controller’s Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Accounting Policies. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and manage the library of accounting policies which follow U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As the Senior Accountant of the Accounting Policies team, your responsibilities will include researching and drafting new accounting policies as needed based on changes in Gap Inc. processes and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting principles. You will also be responsible for updating existing policies to reflect current processes and accounting, and enforcing the policies across global Gap Inc. brands and functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public accounting with excellent communication and technical research skills.
What you'll do
- Manage the global accounting policies database to ensure compliance with U.S. G AAP and respond to questions from the Gap Inc finance community.
- Drive compliance reviews to ensure policies are understood and executed effectively across all brands and functions.
- Act as an accounting policy resource for the company and communicate with business partners to ensure all policy questions are addressed and resolved.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements on our existing accounting policies and help implement necessary changes across the company.
- Review and prepare various materials related to SEC filings, including the quarterly earnings press release and Audit & Finance Committee materials.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of business partners and policy owners across corporate, global, and brand functions.
- Manage special projects related to policy and technical matters.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process required
- 3+ years of experience; public accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners, positive attitude, strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs