About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans — and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, ecommerce marketplaces, wholly owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.’s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
Gap Inc. Technology*, a division of leading US apparel retailer Gap Inc., is expanding our presence in India with the opening of a new Technology Center in Hyderabad, India. Our technologists drive the business behind our five flagship brands – Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix. As one of the world’s largest apparel retailers, our many advantages include: scale, leading brands, a large customer base and a significant base of technical expertise and capability. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
Gap Inc. is looking for an experienced Software IT Asset Manager to join our IT Asset Management team reporting to the Senior Manager/Program Manager of IT Asset
This role is responsible for working closely with various internal customers to ensure that ITAM (IT Asset Management) is adhered to across all aspects of the ITAM process. Broad and deep SAM (Software Asset Management) knowledge is necessary to maximize Gap’s Software IT Asset Management footprint both from an efficiency and licensing/cost perspective. The individual will be tasked with understanding GapTech’s current IT asset landscape and working with the Program Manager and Director to continue developing new best in class methods to manage Software Assets.
This individual will initially be tasked with leading the implementation of a Software Application Management tool. The individual would be fully accountable for working closely within both GapTech as well as a 3rd party vendor to lay out/validate a project plan and implement the tools according to all stated contractual objectives.
This role is also responsible for working closely with Gap Sourcing, Finance and the internal GapTech organization to minimize audit risk and respondingesearch active audit risk. Broad and deep knowledge of how to respond to IT industry audits are necessary to actively protect Gap’s software portfolio. The individual will be key to driving IT Asset compliance/governance as well as laying a solid foundation for new tools and processes to reduce enterprise audit risk.
What you'll do
- Work as part of a team to implement ITAM processes and technology transformations based on industry frameworks
- Interpret software license agreements and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software licenses agreements and software usage.
- Experience responding to IT vendor audits for a large IT enterprise
- Track software entitlements vs consumption to “right size” and optimize contracts
- Utilize data analytics to spot trends and help propose action.
- Jointly create (w/ vendor) an achievable Software Application Management (SAM) Tool implementation schedule that is trackable by day to determine slippage and quality issues + regular status and escalation reporting
- Align and schedule all GapTech resources needed to deliver a successful SAM implementation on-time with high quality
- Refine and improve the processes and tools for asset life cycle management and continue to evolve the organization to support a mature asset management program
- Recommend improvements regarding asset processes, reporting, communication, training and tools
- Work closely with IT asset owners/Product Management Teams, delivery leads, Privacy, InfoSec and other teams across the org to capture asset business requirements and recommend solutions
- Maintain current knowledge of industry best practices for IT asset management (IAITAM) to reduce costs and minimize risk
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as an IT Software Asset Manager
- Deep experience with one of more asset-related tools such as ServiceNow, Flexera or Azure
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and adapt tool to business requirements
- Strong business, technical, analytical, problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in IT process improvement within your own organization or as an external consultant
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with often fuzzy requirements to satisfy a cross-section of customers
- Certification in IAITAM-SAM (Certified Software Asset Manager) is required
- Certification in ITIL, IT infrastructure, or IT management tools (ServiceNow, BMC, HP, etc.) is desirable
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.