About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Distributed Order Management team is responsible for processing all the orders placed by our customers, and routing them to the appropriate fulfillment locations determined based on a defined set of algorithms.
What you'll do
Work collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices.
Initiate and lead efforts toward actively building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology.
Design and develop applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
Build logical inventory product services using platforms like Redis, Azure, Kafka and PCF.
Identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment; drive adoption.
Strategically think and come up with sustainable solutions that span across projects and/or domains and product management.
Mentor and guide others who are still developing their skills.
Who you are
- Possesses 8+ years of software development experience, with recent in a technical leadership role.
- Experienced in modern tech stack including Java, SpringBoot, Microservices, API, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices.
- Initiates and leads efforts toward actively building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology.
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Sets software coding and style guides to ensure consistency.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs