INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
What you'll do
- Lead and manage the development of Merchandise Planners and Associate Merchandise Planners while challenging them to be opportunistic about the business
- Partner with the Director of Planning to develop and enhance planning processes needed to run the business more efficiently and effectively, as well as identify risks and opportunities for further growth in the business
- Clearly communicate with Planning and Buying teams the financial objectives, action plans, opportunities, learnings and liabilities of each department to enable strategic decision making by channel
- Influence cross-functional partners to drive to desired outcomes
- Work closely with the buying team to analyze seasonal merchandise assortments and execute merchandising strategies which tie back to budget including creation of class, SKU and AUR plans at the department and channel level
- Recommend buys based on thorough analysis of retail business prior to each market to achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-thru %
- Take leadership role in managing open-to-buy, planning and forecasting processes, planning calendar and development of actionable analysis with main objective of identifying opportunities to drive business at a topline and channel level
- Identify divisional needs from a reporting and process perspective to ensure opportunities are identified and actioned upon in a timely manner
- Create reportsecaps of the business, develop financial plans and monitor the performance of sales, inventory, markdowns and profit by classification by channel
- Monitor and control markdown cadence and aged-inventory levels to maximize profitability while achieving necessary sell-thrus
- Support a team-oriented, innovative, results-oriented environment
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of planning experience
- Multi brand planning experience preferred
- Financial and Business acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable strategy; strong understanding of retail math and financial measurements
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse groups of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a strong sense of urgency
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs