About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
What you'll do
- Provides technical support, direction, and supervision to the local IT Operations team.
- Plans, implements, and supports workstations, thin client, printers and peripheral hardware and software throughout the facility.
- Direct and manage staff, assigning work, providing training and development, evaluating performance, and building a motivated, effective team to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Responsible for daily scheduling of the workforce to ensure proper coverage to meet business needs.
- Vendor management – monitor contractual agreements, manage vendor relationships, and ensure problem resolutions.
- Peripheral device management – maintain service plan and contracts
- Audits operational procedures and programs to identify and implement improvements
- Administers, monitors, and ensures compliance with Gap Inc. policies and procedures for safety and productivity.
- Ensures effective communication.
- Provides feedback to direct reports on performance throughout the year, initiates performance plans and corrective actions at appropriate times and facilitates end of year performance reviews.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and IT to ensure procedures are followed.
- Negotiates planned outages for the respective facility and keeps the business informed of current problems or potential problems and upcoming changes to the local infrastructure.
Who you are
- 2+ years of IT management experience in a large-scale facility.
- 5+ years of experience with networking configuration and operation, PC configuration and operation, Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Application troubleshooting, Distributed Software, Imaging, Active Directory, and Hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Strong people leadership skills; ability to empower, delegate, facilitate, influence, and develop employees.
- Familiarity with specific hardware types such as thermal label printers, laser printers, desktop PCs, monitors, fuzzy logic, imaging scanner equipment and Cisco switches.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and relationship building skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passion, enthusiasm, reliability and drive for results in present capacity.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs