We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Sr. Merchandiser joins a Web Merchandising team that is laser focused to ensure the omni-merchandising strategies come to life on the web store to meet and surpass customer wants and needs.
What you'll do
- Customer Impact
- Strategic Orientation
- Drives Results
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Contributing member and/or leader of a high performing team to drive the omni merchandising strategies on the website to support both the needs of the Brand and the unique needs of the Direct channel and customer.
- Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, inventory planning and marketing
- Inspires and/or leads functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented
- Drive category growth through diversity of messaging, online exclusives, channel extensions, and visual sorting and merchandising.
- Understand product trends, historical data, and macro environment trends to help plan and explain business performance.
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
- Partner with Product Merchants and Inventory Planning to ensure the online assortment & buying strategies meet the channel’s financial and customer goals during the pre-season product pipeline process.
- Understand seasonal big ideas and investments associated with each idea.
- Provide information to influence online exclusive assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting site experience.
- Represent the Web Merchandising organization during the pre-season marketing pipeline process to ensure the Marketing and Creative teams are clear on the marketing, photography, and copy needs of the channel to ensure that product strategies are marketed at the right place at the right time.
- Report on weekly and seasonal basis performance, taking into account business trends, customer insights, and macro trends.
- Based on business performance partner with team and key cross functional partners, marketing, product merchandising, creative, editorial, and inventory planning, to optimize the web experience including but not limited to new product photography needs, updated copy, new assorting strategies, and new marketing asset needs.
- Provide regular feedback to web merchandising team based on financial performance, competitive benchmarking, and marketplace trends to educate the team and to help optimize the site experience in the future.
- Demonstrate a confident voice and point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through developing relations with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Experience in effective communication of issues, timeline delays, and best practices to cross-functional teams.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Who you are
- Proactive, curious, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to efficiently manage a broad scope of product categories.
- Demonstrate ability to manage both up and down, think big picture and understand how to execute.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of financial measurements.
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of retail merchandising experience ideally in the ecommerce apparel space.
- Experience as a Senior Merchandiser or equivalent
- Experience as a manager of others
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer oriented
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs