About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Forget what you know aboutold-school industry rules. Gap Inc. and the Global Supply Chain & ProductOperations team is reinventing them.
We set and drive the operationalstrategy and optimization from Design to Delivery across Gap Inc.’s portfolioof brands. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience with highquality, on trend product at the right value across the portfolio. We identify keyindustry trends and innovations and assess opportunities to improve ourend-to-end capabilities to bring the right product to her in a faster, moreefficient and seamless way. We also help our brands and channels grow in asmart and scalable way.
To enable this, we are buildingbest-in-class capabilities based on a clear strategic roadmap to win in thedynamic retail market. The Manager of GSC Strategy & Operations ownspartnering with Functional and Brand leaders to drive our strategic roadmap forwardand is responsible for a mix of analysis, cross-functional leadership, andproject management. Sample projects include: new market entry, new brand launch,developing improved e-commerce fulfillment models, and improving speed andefficiency across the network.
We are looking for a candidatewith strong leadership and partnership skills who is passionate about definingstrategic priorities, influencing change, and driving and implementing outcomes.
As a key member ofthe team, the Manager will:
What you'll do
- Own, manage and lead global growthinitiatives for Global Supply Chain to enable us to compete in new channels andmarkets
- Lead strategic projects that enableimproved supply chain optimization or capabilities and deliver global growth:
- Engagewith brand and supply chain leaders as a strategic thought partner to developand devise scope, structure and approach to answering a question, e.g. thevalue of entering a new market, or of investing in a new capability
- Helpleaders and team in identifying key issues and developing hypotheses on how todrive to conclusions
- Conductmodeling and analysis along qualitative and quantitative measures
- Surfaceand address roadblocks with brand and Supply Chain partners before they impactbusiness results
- Deliverinsights, recommendations and updates to senior executives
- Leadand manage cross-functional projects on behalf of Supply Chain such as newmarket entry, including managing workplans
- Lead junior team members by providingthought leadership, oversight and development guidance
- Develop knowledge of tools and systemsthat impact the supply chain
- Proactively foster brand and business partnerrelationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations
- 4+years of professional experience, inclusive of 2+ years of consultingexperience from a top tier management consulting firm
- MBA from a top tier university stronglypreferred
- Strong critical thinking and businesscuriosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solvingskills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insightsand decisions
- Strong relationship-building skills andexperience working closely with cross-functional partners to influencestrategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multipletasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamicbusiness landscape
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs