About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Corporate Operations is responsible for organizingcorporate services for the company within each building. The Associate Managersdirect reports are the Coordinators. The Corporate Operations Associate Manageruses their strong general knowledge of departmental policies and procedures toguide their team to complete requests and to take steps with vendors tocomplete work as needed. Monitors performance to resolve service requestswithin an adequate and timely manner, to maintain a high level of customer service.Core duties include, but not limited to:
What you'll do
- Sustainall Operations processes
- Management,training, and development of staff
- Provideservice request and ticket system support for team during busy times and whenshort staffed
- Promotegood relations with partnering departments
- Monitorthe visual and cleanliness aspects of the assigned buildings
- Designateupkeep needs to staff or appropriate vendors
- Reduceany risk possibilities and uphold code compliancy standards
- Retainoffice coffee and vending services through vendor
- Ensureequipment resources are in place and functioning
- Conferencerooms and common areas are maintained within standards
- Invoiceprocessing is completed accurately and on time
Overseethe Operation Team on rolesesponsibilities:
- Monitorsservice requests to ensure the Operations team is providing appropriatesolutions within the appropriate service level agreement.
- Service requests can be related to mailservices, parking, building information, conference room bookings, resourceinquiries or reservations, multi-function devices, items to be movedemoved,campus recycling, community discount program, conference center set-ups,furniture requests, assistance with ergonomic requests, janitorial, buildingcomfort, etc.
- Supportrequests to team to respond and escalate as appropriate and recommend asolution.
- Developand manage direct reports. Collaborate and share ideas while receiving guidancefrom leadership.
- Maintainor improve the team’s customer service level, identify areas of improvement,create plans, initiate next steps to implement.
- Completestaff monthly check-ins, work with team to achieve yearly departmental andpersonal development goals.
Ownershipof Campus Items:
- Weeklyjanitorial meetings and walk-throughs to identify areas of opportunity.
- Knowledgeand ability to input maintenance requests for all campus buildings for allcategories of service.
- Respondand provide guidance on Business Partner, Management, and Executive Leadershiprequests.
- Buildrelationships with the building Administrative Assistants and theCommunications teams.
- Provideoptions, understand areas of flexibility.
- Acceptresponsibility of on-call duties and availability for escalated items andemergencies.
- Regularlyassess current systems, equipment, and inventory to ensure customer needs aremet.
- Proactivelyidentify issues, develop thorough, well-defined recommendations to meetcustomer needs.
- Completemonthly metrics.
- Provideup to date information for Corporate Services pages on GapWeb and Facilitiesinternal policy and procedure guide, with responsibility to publish changes asneeded to pages.
- ReviewService Now reports for coaching and counseling opportunities.
- Partnerwith Operations Senior Manager to assist with the implementation of projects.
- Collaboratewith Operations Senior Manager, Facilities Planning and AV Tech with needs toimplement the use of new and existing conference room space.
- Knowledgeableof how and when to route items of concern to the correct individuals on theseteams.
- Connectwith Moves Team on facilitation of labor support for staging and boxdeliveries.
Partnershipwith Corporate Security/Café staff:
- Maintainrelationship with Corporate Security Supervisor/Manager—items often overlap orhave a cause/affect relationship
- AdviseSecurity staff as required of vendors, access needs, project areas, etc. toensure they have awareness as needed.
- Cultivaterelationship with Café Manager and Chef to advance or preserve Operations ownedcafé supported items.
LeadContact for Global Events Team:
- Sitecontact for Global Events team for elevated events for space reservations,set-up, janitorial, and additional labor needs.
- Availablefor prep meetings and coordination of changes regarding set-ups andconfigurations.
- Flexibilityof schedule will be needed to assist with coverage for high profile and largeEvents.
Who you are
Knowledge,skills & abilities:
- Excellentcustomer service skills.
- Abilityto be flexible and a team leader is a must.
- Professionaldemeanor and experience dealing with multiple customers and requests at alllevels.
- Abilityto juggle multiple projects and prioritize them accordingly.
- Abilityto learn and maintain the broad scope of Corporate Operations policies andprocedures.
- Excellentcommunication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and written).
- Substantialknowledge and experience using a PC and its associated software packages, suchas Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Basicknowledge of property management and facility items, with an aptitude toincrease this level of knowledge through partnerships and trainingopportunities.
- Demonstratedability to work independently and take ownership for multiple projectsinvolving different customer groups.
- Abilityto treat confidential information appropriately.
- Strongorganizational skills and able to work independently.
- Abilityto lead and communicate to team members concerning workload changes, tasks,goals.
- Developindividuals to steady performer or next level.
- Abilityto remain calm and take appropriate actions during stressful situations.
- Abilityto build partnerships and have business acumen.
- Flexibilitywith schedule if needed for after-hours required work, events, and emergencyneeds.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Collegedegree preferred.
- Experiencewith providing high service levels and owning multiple responsibilities.
- Historyof coaching and counseling direct reports.
- Abilityto walk, stand, kneel, and carry objects up to 60 lbs
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs