Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Production Designer is responsible for the production of on-time, error-free artwork for gap.com. Key requirements for this role include a strong sense of design and collaboration to support conceptual development, in-depth knowledge of current design software and the ability to communicate effectively with business partners.
What you'll do
- Support a team of 7 designers throughout the creative process by:
Design production of occasional seasonal promos with established look and feelExecuting pre-designed contingency promos and managing delivery of all promotions after creative hand-off (includes entering confirmed pricing/percentages into approved assets, slicing and delivering to web development team)Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule to ensure assets are delivered on timeAssist in quality control of design deliverablesContinually manage, and work to improve, the design delivery processTrain new designers on site standards, file naming and archiving procedures as well as slicing and deliveryShare creative files with global business partners on a weekly basis
- Ensuring creative assets are prepared, optimized, sliced and delivered on time, error-free and adhering to web production quality standards
- Documenting and specifying work from designers for web development team, with clearly annotated designs and organized PSD files to facilitate efficient team workflow through execution
- Assuming ownership of projects from hand-off through launch date
- Maintaining the integrity of the creative concept through project launches
- Acting as a technical liaison between the design team, production and web development
- Update functional/transactional site and email creative assets on a seasonal basis
Who you are
- Experience with responsive design and file preparation
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and quality-driven
- Ability to self-manage and meet varying deadlines for multiple projects – organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time is a must!
- Design sensibility, coupled with the desire and skill to be a strong creative partner
- Keen eye for typesetting when inputting final pricing or percentages into promo creative files
- Experience and knowledge of responsive website and email design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, problem solver, team player, question asker
- Ability to apply past learning to present and future situations
- Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skillset
- Minimum 2-3 years of website design and production experience (retail environment preferable)
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.