About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This role is at the forefront of influencing the business planning and investment strategies for Gap Inc’s Digital (e-Commerce), Online Marketing, Strategy, and Data Analytics organizations. The Manager - Customer (CST), Digital & Strategy Finance Analytics will lead Financial Analysis / Initiative Management of some of the company’s most innovative projects across all of Gap Inc’s brands and will support an annual spend in excess of $250M.
Additionally, this role will help lead the implementation and execution of a new Corporate Initiative Management and financial analysis process across all of Gap Inc’s brands globally. This includes support and input into the company’s long range planning investment choices. This work will have visibility to the most Senior levels of the company and will drive how the company makes investment choices going forward.
The role will directly report to the Director of Customer (CST), Digital & Strategy Finance Analytics.
What you'll do
- Provide financial leadership to the Digital (e-Commerce), Online Marketing, Strategy, and Data Analytics teams
- Partner closely with business partners on initiative strategies and economic goals, identifying critical financial drivers, risks and choices
- Drive accountability of initiative measurement to drive results visibility and continuous improvement
- Help manage the relationship between CST and Brand Finance teams to ensure cost/benefit alignment between the CST and Brand P&L’s
- Initiate and facilitate training on business case analysis to business partners
- Provide financial analysis for critical Biz Dev and M&A opportunities
- Implement framework to evaluate and track value investment decisions across Digital initiatives
- Work collaboratively across functions and brands to accurately reflect the strategy and anticipated risks/benefits of key initiatives
- Translate quantitative analysis in a concise and compelling way for executive audiences to drive organizational alignment around investment priorities
- Provide financial insight to ensure efficient and effective use of capital and overhead resources
- Own Gap Inc’s worldwide model for evaluating initiatives, including the discounted cash flow model and standard financial assumptions, adapting as needed based on knowledge gained through rollout
- Evaluate business cases and investment choices across all of Gap Inc’s brands globally to support the company long range planning process
Who you are
- 8+ years proven financial management experience in a consumer centric organization
- Strong analytic and financial modeling skills, with understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to influence cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
- Experience in successfully executing change and business transformations
- Superior financial acumen, strong problem solving skills, and comfort with undefined / less defined
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs