About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s HQ Finance team provides financial support to the HQ business units and the Executive Leadership teams. This position will be responsible for providing financial support and analysis to the Corporate Real Estate, Store Development, Real Estate Finance, Creative Services and some Corporate Finance functions (include Tax, Treasury, and Risk Management).
What you'll do
- Drive the monthly forecast, monthly financial close, and management reporting processes for expense and capital.
- Develop and prepare monthly forecasts and explain any variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year
- Responsible for month end close process, including journal entries and P&L variance analysis to forecast, budget and prior year
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide monthly/quarterly reporting package to business partners, including P&L variance analysis of actuals vs. budget and prior year, as well as detailed reporting of the month’s activities
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to develop annual budgets
- Partner with operational business partners on ad-hoc analysis and decision support
- Support Leadership in identifying cost savings, as appropriate
- Maintain strong internal controls and ensure SOX compliance
- Continually evaluate current processes and propose changes in order to drive efficiencies
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Analytical and structured thinker that possesses exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to “think outside the box”
- Ability to consolidate and summarize large quantities of data and financial information in a clear and logical manner. Ability to identify trends and distill them into insightful conclusions and recommendations for management
- Must have solid Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance business partners
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase/Smartview and Oracle Financials/OBIEE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build solid business partner relationships
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Looks for opportunities to improve existing processes
- Team player with a positive attitude- open to cross training and sharing team responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (CPA a plus)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of financial analysis, public accounting or related business experience
- Strong Oracle, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills; experience with Hyperion Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs