We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This position will be responsible for managing the brand’s FP&A and Control functions and playing a critical part in ensuring Gap Inc.’s fastest growing brand continues to grow in a managed and sustainable way. The Director position will provide broad exposure across the organization by partnering closely with the Athleta leadership team, Field Finance, Real Estate, Company Planning, Corporate Finance, and Corporate Accounting functions. This position will lead a team of three Senior Analysts and report to the Senior Director of Finance.
What you'll do
- Manage the brand’s monthly forecast, close, and corporate reporting processes
- Structure and manage Athleta’s annual budget and long range planning (LRP) processes
- Deliver comprehensive financial analysis with recommendations regarding strategic initiatives and new business/growth opportunities through development of analysis methodology, financial models and presentations
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with brand and functional business partners, identifying key opportunities, as well as communicating and influencing strategic business decisions
- Regularly partner with Athleta leadership team and manage sensitive and/or confidential information
- Serve as point of contact for control and accounting policy-related items for Athleta, partnering closely with Gap Inc.’s corporate control group to ensure the broader team is educated on Gap Inc and GAAP accounting rules.
- Develop and lead team of three Senior Analysts responsible for Athleta’s headquarters/divisional expenses, marketing expenses, cost of sales spread (non-product costs), and DC variable expenses.
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Ability to work within a lean team in a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses exceptional attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Skilled at identifying sources of information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis.
- Strong technical mindset with proven ability to create, learn, and manage financial models
- Solid understanding of retail fundamentals and financial metrics
- Enthusiastic about working with emerging brands along with passion and energy to drive results
- Customer focused – both internal and external
Collaboration & Influencing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance or related fields, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor degree in Finance or related field, MBA a plus
- Prior experience developing and managing a team strongly preferred
- Experience with a large high growth consumer company a plus
- eCommerce/Omnichannel or apparel experience a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase/Hyperion is a plus
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs