We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
What you'll do
- Responsible for creating trim designs by establishing a core hardware language and design seasonal updates through strong concept development
- Responsible for creating the story around new trim palettes and curate POV
- Responsible for researching markets, trade shows, shop, competitive analysis research and presentation
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides direction on how trims connect directly to apparel and accessories and provide functional beauty
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Responsible for Tech Pack creation.
- Works with technical designer and pre-production partner to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
- Forges effective partnerships with development, R&D and vendors
- Demonstrates constant exploration/innovation curiosity – need to co-create onsite/vendors
Who you are
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 4 - 6 years design experience.
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong CAD skills
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong Understanding of materials and finishes, soft goods and hardware
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs