About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Integratecomplex sound systems, video production packages, lighting, and displaytechnologies.
- TechnicalSME for AV and Video Conferencing software and hardware solutions, includingthe ability to perform end to end troubleshooting for AV and Video Conferencingsystems
- Gatherrequirements and be able to translate them to technical solutions.
- Owntechnical delivery of AV/VC projects, from design through delivery andtransition to support.
- Responsible for the analysis, evaluation of existingservices/technologies as well as the recommendation of additions, improvements,and changes in AV & VC services
- Partnerwith internal business and technical teams, as well as AV vendors in deliveryof solutions as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Effectivelymanage AV integrator efforts on specific projects as well as maintenancecontracts
- Usedata to help make effective technology decisions
- Bea champion for the employee experience with our technologies
- Ableto travel to different offices within the SF Bay Area and occasionally to otherremote locations
- Innovateand enhance the quality, reliability, and functionality of our AV and VCsystems
- Ownand maintain system design standards
Who you are
- 3+years of AV and video conferencing experience, preferably in an engineering role
- 3+years’ experience with typical event/theatre space technologies: broadcast AV,routing and control systems, production lighting, LED/LCD displays, projectionsystems, live streaming infrastructure, custom audio visual installations,video conferencing, etc.
- 3+years’ experience troubleshooting AV, networking and computer systems
- Experiencedeploying and supporting Zoom and Cisco based video conferencing and roomsystems (Experience with O365, Microsoft Teams, and Skype for Business is aplus)
- Abilityto perform end-to-end troubleshooting for AV, voice, video and UC systems.
- Understandingof how content distribution networks work and why they are necessary
- A/V live productionexperience including live switchingouting of audio, video or content for aproduced event
- Post-productionexperience with Adobe Premier and/or similar video editing software
- Provenability in analyzing problems or process opportunities and recommending sound,creative, logical solutions
- Strongconceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drivetimely resolution of complex issues
- Abilityto evaluate business requirements and turning them in to technical designs
- Skilledat developing technical documentation and training other team members
- Innovationmindset – always looking for new and better ways to improve the employeeexperience (!!!)
- Strongdesire to learn and develop new technologies
- Creativeproblem-solving, analytical skills, agile under pressure, and sound businessjudgment
- Abilityto effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-pacedenvironment
- Detailoriented and able to write RCAs, design and support documentation, produceproject status reports, and communicate deliverables to all stakeholders
- Excellentinterpersonal and relationship building skills across several diverse technicaland non-technical groups
- Strongwork ethic and a great sense of humor, high judgement, technically curious, andteam-oriented
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs