About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Product OperationsAdvanced Analytics Team drives business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands byapplying industrial engineering/management science, statistical analysis,machine learning and other analytic capabilities to improve inventory andrevenue management. Areas of expertise include: demand planning, inventoryreplenishment, inventory and supply chain optimization, pricing, testing,flexible inventory and supply chain initiatives.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Ownend-to-end process of quarterly planning analytics for business partners,including validation, code de-bugging, process improvement.
- Provideand assist with quantitative research, modeling, analysis and support foridentifying business opportunities/issues and form hypotheses
- Synthesizefindings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levelsof management
- Identifyand track the metrics to measure the success of a specific business opportunity
- Partnerwith engineering teams on data pipline requirements and maintianece of existingdata pipleines.
Who you are
- 2-3years of experience in analytic role, analytic consulting in retail/consumerproducts or supply chain in general
- Mastersdegree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management,Management Science or related analytic field.
- Strongknowledge and proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Experiencecoding in Python/Other Statistical languages (R/SAS)
- Stronganalytical and problem solving skills.
- Strongcritical thinking and business curiosity.
- Provenability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems
- Abilityto work at a high level and detail level (as needed) to draw conclusions andmake recommendations
- Excellentwritten and oral communication skills
- Solidinterpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effectivebusiness partner relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Demonstratedability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to achanging environment.
- Knowledgeof inventory management, pricing, supply chain management, simulation andoptimization principles and concepts (a plus)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs