About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Strategy and Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic directions for our company.
The Strategy and Insights team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Team.
As a Senior Analyst, you will play a critical role in driving strategic consumer insights programs and projects that support our cross-brand digital priorities and growth. This role, based in our San Francisco Headquarters, is part of the Digital Experience Insights team, and will be primarily focused on delivering insights and strategies for our omni channel digital (ECom and tech in Store) product manager and UX partners. You will help to influence the business regularly through defining customer experience shopping journeys and providing critical insights as they relate to experience to inform better decision-making around digital product development, and help to identify opportunities to differentiate through innovation. A key component of this role is also to be the liaison between our ongoing Customer Insights Tracking program and serve as the owner and program manager of our custom Gap Inc. insights panel (Gap Inc. Community).
What you'll do
- The team’s work is focused on strategic initiatives across digital products and experiences that impact the overall customer experience
- Your work will serve Central insight needs nimbly and support ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision making in the business
- Role exposes you to a variety of areas including tracking and customer feedback program, proprietary customer feedback panels, the digital/store/omni-shopping experience, and innovative ew experiences.
You are part of a flexible team of insights professionals permitting you to work on a wide variety of tasks, projects, and teams such as:
- Develop surveys, moderate online, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations within Gap Inc. community
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Analyze existing primary and secondary research to uncover fact-based insights
- Synthesize disparate information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations
- Own and manage the Gap Inc. feedback panel, which includes the relationship with our panel vendor as well as supporting research (quant and qual) that come from the panel across all brands
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Proactively listen to partners to find new ways to drive business value
Who you are
- 3-5+ years professional experience in Marketing Research, Insights, UX Research, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting
- Experience conducting a wide range of research methodologies with strong quantitative skills (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative (IDIs, FGs, usability, shop-a-long, intercepts)
- Proficient in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics strongly preferred)
- Panel management experience a plus
- UX research experience a plus
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story)
- Experience partnering with/ managing research vendors to execute projects (or experience working at an insights research vendor)
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs