About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Inventory Management Planner drives the creation, management and execution of sales and inventory plans, ensuring achievement of division financial goals.
What you'll do
- Develops division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Develop tops/down dept/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives
- Develop style-level sales and inventory plans
- Own bottoms-Up financial reconciliation to class/department
- Inform and validate Commercial Plan
- Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short term and long term financial strategies/action plans
- Lead demand driven buying efforts
- Own OTB and sales and inventory forecasting
- Recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies
- Inform and influence in-season commercial plan changes
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Maintain a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Influence cross functional partners to drive outcomes
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs