About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Central Marketing team is a critical part of defining Gap Inc growth and loyalty strategy within the Loyalty & Payments organization. Through analysis, focus on the customer, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we drive engagement and loyalty across our brands, with a focus on the Private Label and Visa Credit Card card members.
The Central Marketing Manager, in collaboration with our strategy team and issuing bank partner, will research, develop, execute and hindsight new and existing campaigns to drive card usage to hit sales and profitability goals. The Manager is responsible for designing campaigns based on competitive insights, industry trends, and customer/cardholder data.
What you'll do
- Implement, optimize and execute existing and new cross-channel marketing programs focused on activating, engaging, and re-engaging cardholders
- Lead campaign creatives: manage external creative resources, obtaining cross-branded buy-in, and balance strategic objectives with brand standards
- Partner with strategy and issuing bank to develop overall campaign strategy (segmentation, offers, channels) to hit key performance metrics and earnings goals
- Manage campaign execution across channels with heavy focus on direct mail and email
- Set campaign read and hind sighting expectations with analytics and issuing bank. Summarize learnings and opportunities to iterate and/or scale for audiences across the organization
- Identify critical key performance indicators and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and improve marketing program performance
- Leverage customer data/insights and campaign/portfolio analytics to inform direction, define action and achieve measurable outcomes
- Lead for Central Loyalty team with Salesforce. Manage relationship, deployment calendar and special projects.
- Manage Central marketing budget, participate in monthly forecast reviews and constantly work to optimize earnings
Who you are
- 4 years of CRM, direct marketing or consumer driven marketing strategy experience in card and/or loyalty
- Team player with a strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships while managing competing agendas and perspectives
- Familiarity with executing multi-channel campaigns including direct mail, email, SMS, push and digital advertising
- Comfort in working with creative team and creative development process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while showing strong attention to detail, delivering accurately and hitting goals
- Analytical mindset; can delve into data and concisely translate learnings and insights to inform and influence peers, partners and leaders
- Highly motivated, self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to succinctly communicate marketing priorities to internal and external partners
- Proficiency in executing campaigns through Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major in business or marketing preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs