About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Allocation Director leads a team of Managers, Planners and Analysts through development, execution and communication of allocation strategies and inventory plans that support overall investment plans, maximize yield, and deliver on financial goals and product strategies. Create and articulate vision, and provide strategy guidance to team
What you'll do
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Talent Builder
- Provide guidance on allocation strategies that support both pre-season and in season plans to maximize yield
- Lead and provide strategic guidance to allocation team on the development of Seasonal Inventory allocation strategies that support the Investment review strategy; communicate risks and opportunities to leadership
- Lead pre/in-season inventory strategies to provide frequent assessments and revised recommendations to cross functional team and leadership
- Drive and influence brand initiatives for continuous process improvement, ensuring ongoing effectiveness and efficiency
- Partner with Shared Service Leaders to champion best practices and recommend/prioritize enhancements
- Balance workload priorities across division and departments
- Partner with Operating Strategies to evaluate strategies and ensure that service levels are being met
- Lead change and growth initiatives for the business through strong relationships with the cross-functional team
- Manage team of Managers, Planners and Analysts; inspire and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and engagement
- Accountable for career development, skill development, and leadership competency of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning
- Develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through understanding talent across the organization and actively participating in recruiting and succession planning
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years' experience in retail, preferable in Inventory Management
- 4 years of supervisory experience
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs