About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
What you'll do
Drive design team to creative excellence with on-brand, innovative collateral.
Partner with fellow ADs to concept seasonal campaigns that support the overall branding and marketing objectives across all mediums including store windows and signage, OOH, site, DCM and emails.
Plan, concept and execute elevated fashion and still-life photography, and video content. Direct the vision from concept ideation to post production- including proposing photographers, directors, stylists and casting, pulling relevant image references, and providing clear post-production direction.
Lead the execution and layout of all in store and online marketing collateral for a particular timeframe from concept ideation to post production- including pulling relevant image and typography references, creating proof of concepts, finalizing seasonal style guides and providing clear in-season art direction.
Attends strategy meetings with creative management to determine scope of projects, and ensure strategic and tactical creative objectives are met.
Collaborate with key cross-functional partners- including Marketing and Program Management to ensure that concepts meet business needs.
Oversee that appropriate brand matrices and style guidelines are being cared for and constantly reevaluated for improvement.
Presents work and displays effective communication to business partners and senior management.
Research competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references.
Lead, inspire, and develop a talented studio team.
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of apparel.
- Strong creative background; a minimum of 5 years of retail, photographic direction, and art direction
- Ability to manage, motivate teams to complete projects. Minimum 5 years project and people management experience.
- Software expertise in InDesign and Adobe CS5. Knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word Ability to conceptualize.
- Ability to lead a team while being an adept team player.
- Highly skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Flexibility and ability to wear multiple “hats” when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude in anticipating and following production processes and timelines.
- Ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
- Must work well in a deadline driven environment.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work.
- Ability to present visual concepts at all levels; excellent artistic and organizational skills.
- Experience with digital photography and editing software.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs