About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of BROL Production Ecommerce is responsible for leading multiple web production teams with a focus in International, BRFS and Special Projects while driving cross-functional projects, aligning people at all levels within the organization and creating cohesive partnerships to ensure business objectives are met. The Director oversees the successful launch of branded and cross-brand marketing campaigns and GID platform projects while serving in a critical leadership role in in the global Banana Republic organization. The Director utilizes technology, tools and operational knowledge to successfully implement marketing and site projects that drive business growth across store and online channels. The BROL team is involved in the launch of all digital content (marketing site content, product content, email) for the Banana Republic e-commerce sites across US, Canada, EU/UK and Japan.
What You’ll Do
• Manages day-to-day operations of the BROL global production team to ensure all projects are resourced appropriately and launched successfully.
• Assesses impact of technical changes to the sites; makes decisions based on
• Acts as subject matter expert on system capabilities; advises cross-functional teams on process and technical execution.
• Leads and develops in-season business process to support fast-track and short-
• Acts as an escalation point of contact for centralized GID teams (GapTech, SLM, PDM, CEM) and advises on new initiative/feature implementation.
• Acts as a solutions-oriented leader and advocate for business and production team. Manages and develops strong leaders within the team to meet their professional goals.
• Creates a positive team environment where team members feel ownership and value in their contributions.
• Thinks globally about the needs of all cross-functional teams and how to best support organizational priorities and growth.
• Acts as liaison for International & BRFS to the broader organization. Is the voice at the table that leans in to proactively grow the channel vehicles for the markets and partners with cross functional leads to drive change, new initiatives & expected comp growths.
• Works with larger production and cross-functional team to identify best practices and drive process and pipeline improvements across oldnavy.com, gap.com and bananarepublic.com.
• Facilitates & builds a relationship between BR online and centralized teams (PdM, CEM) in joint partnership with operations and innovation BROL team and BROL messaging team.
• Fosters a relationship and partners with store operations on omni-channel initiatives and features (i.e. Reserve In Store, Order In Store, Ship From Store).
• Champions marketing and product pipelines across the division, cross-functional teams and cross-channels.
• Continually seeks opportunities to drive process change and business innovation.
• Works in joint partnership with the Director of Site Operations/Innovation and Central to:
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of website, tools and system capabilities. Establishes solid relationships with internal partners such as IT, Tech Ops and Product Management.
• Assesses operational plans and technical changes to the site; makes decisions based on organizational capacity and brand impact.
• Ensures that cross-functional business partners, and as needed all brands, are aligned on future tool/site enhancements.
• Escalation point of contact during business and after hours for any site issues that occur for global sites – BR.com, BR.eu, BR.co.uk, BR.co.jp. BR.ca.
Who you are
• Experience and strong understanding of web production within an eCommerce environment.
• Strong leadership, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• Demonstrated experience in team leadership and people management.
• Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational processes, project management, and prioritization.
• Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• 4-6 years management experience
• 3-5 years consumer-based online experience
• 4-6 years web production experience
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs