About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
First-line supervisor responsible for direct supervision of multiple employees in a large, multi-faceted environment, which includes departments such as Inbound, Stocking, Picking, Sorters, and Shipping. Primary area of focus is on employee engagement. Includes decision making in evaluating performance, hiring and termination. Ensures that daily production volumes are met or surpassed. Exercises independent discretion and judgment in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership & direction to the team. Trains, coaches and develops associates on efficient work methods to increase departmental productivity. Participates in annual budget preparations. Monitors all results for the department and determines changes that are needed in procedures or conditions that could affect operating costs. Collaborates with Resource Planning Analyst to plan, make decisions, and organize day-to-day operations. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
What you'll do
Responsible for maintaining a great place to work environment by spending approximately 75% of time on the floor with associates building relationships, coaching, teaching, developing and providing timely performance feedback on necessary action plans. Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results.
Owns, completes and delivers annual performance evaluations for each associate and independently delivers related messages to employees.
Ensures production and accuracy standards meet DC objectives.
In partnership with the Resource Planning Analyst, plans and uses independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organization policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
Participates in a team setting to builds trust with direct & indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind business processes & approach taken to decision making to provide solutions.
Who you are
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Preferred 3-5 years line supervision.
- Knowledge and experience using various computer systems, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint, distribution operating systems, to include KRONOS, DLx, and WMS
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others.
- Basic understanding of data processing principles, planning and organizing, knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to develop and use variable budget.
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence, interpersonal & human relations skills, and written & oral communication skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs