About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Social Media Copywriter will be a creative thinker who sees Banana Republic through an editorial lens; someone who has their finger on the cultural pulse, loves fashion and understands how trends impact social media, blogs and more. The copywriter is responsible for partnering with a designer to ideate and create compelling, on-brand copy that is engaging, authentic and on brand. This person is innovative, resourceful and obsessed with the finest details. They will report to the Senior Copywriter, and partner cross-functionally with marketing, production, design, and merchandising teams.
What you'll do
- Conceptualize, create and proofread social media copy (paid and organic) for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat that clearly communicates Banana Republic’s marketing messages.
- Brainstorm and write blog posts for The Republic, Banana Republic’s blog.
- Stay on voice, on brand and on target.
- Work with social strategists, producers, designers, video, marketing partners, merchants, and others to determine message and creative execution.
- Meet quick-turn deadlines, and attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Wear multiple hats: jump in on other copy projects where needed.
Who you are
- Superb command of the English language and grammar.
- Ability to write in a quick, snappy voice that feels both conversational and fashion relevant.
- Healthy addiction to social media and well-versed in pop culture language.
- Proven ability writing online vehicles for retail or editorial space.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, timeline driven, retail environment.
- Be able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Articulate and innovative thinker with an ability to take creative direction, react quickly, and contribute during meetings.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Three to five years of professional writing experience, preferably in online or direct communications environment.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs