Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
We are seeking a creative, collaborative writer and manager to lead the kids and baby Editorial Team. The role not only manages a talented mid-level copywriter and product copywriter, but partners with our design team to concept and tell compelling kids and baby stories for our customer. This role requires big ideas, organization, constant creativity, and an ability to roll with the punches. This role is responsible for fostering the kids and baby online voice and finding new and innovative ways to bring stories to life on site to inspire our customer and move the business forward. This role also partners with our marketing and production leads to ensure seamless execution from concept to final asset.
What you'll do
- Manage and own editorial element of projects throughout entire production cycle; attend all kick-offs and creative reviews and collaborate with rest of team to ensure timely and appropriate finished piece.
- Manage and mentor 2-3 junior and mid-level writers. Proof, edit, and ensure all copy meets voice guidelines.
- Present creative work to leadership team. Advocate for creative choices and creative team members as well as come up with quick solutions.
- Partner with New York counterparts to continue to innovate and find efficiencies in workload and editorial process.
- Drive innovation in story-telling and new seasonal concept ideas.
- Establish and maintain consistent brand voice and style throughout all forms of communication.
- Lead and participate in creation of concepts that lead to execution of work, and manage day to day progress and activities of the copy department in executing assigned projects.
Who you are
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs