Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Seeking a CAD Textile Designer with an understanding of and enthusiasm for the Gap brand, target customer, product and aesthetic. You are able to translate trends into commercially successful kids and baby product. You have a passion for print and color and you enjoy being part of a creative team.
What you'll do
- Produce and edit computer generated prints, wovens, and graphics in multiple colorways and sizes for use in development and presentation boards for adult apparel.
Complete all technical activities for division.
- Develop relationship/partnership with stylist for each area, building a collaborative working relationship.
Create and maintain seasonal color palettes.
Maintain an organized project identification system.
- May provide occasional guidance to Assistant and Associate CAD Textile Designer and/or freelancers as needed.
- Work closely with outside vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise.
- Perform departmental maintenance (e. g., daily upkeep of printers which can include paper and fabric printers) as needed.
Prepare artwork package for production ready standards.
Keep abreast of current trends in CAD technologies.
Works within annual departmental budget constraints.
Who you are
- Strong computer skills: NED Graphics, Illustrator and PhotoShop Required.
General knowledge of print and textile design.
Good sense of color application.
Works well under pressure.
Basic PC knowledge required.
Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Team player with strong organizational and time management skills.
- College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
2-5 years experience as a Computer Aided Designer.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs