Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Buying Manager develops and manages the execution of endto end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Department(s) andDivision(s) sales plans. They create acomprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financialgoals. They drive partnership andcollaboration with the Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, globalassortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs while partneringwith the site merchandising team to influence marketing needs and sitemerchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financialresults.
What you'll do
- Manage the financial success of one or more Departments orDivisions by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Build pre-season Class, Department and Division financialtargets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and includesales, gross margin and inventory.
- Measure and communicate financial results, forecasts, andaction plans to Sr Manager or Director and cross-functional team on a weeklybasis.
- Balance team workload across pre-season and in-season,product and financial milestones and deliverables.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies includingproduct recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Partner with Site Merchant team to ensure site experience isconnected to Marketing, Promo and Buying actions.
- Manage team of Buyers, Assistant Buyers, andInventory Specialists. Provide leadership by creating a collaborative,innovative, and results-oriented environment.
Who you are
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Drive Business Results: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to skillfully analyze an ambiguous problem, use rigorous logic to formulate a rational for the decisions and take action leveraging cross-functional resources.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Demonstrate the organizational agility to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs