About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Old Navy is looking for Senior on figure Stylist with an strongportfolio demonstrating on figure styling in a commercial and/or editorialfashion studio. This is a multifaceted role that will execute styling onfigure, oversee our freelance styling team, ensure closet maintenance anddevelopment, interact with Merch Coordination, the Director of Styling, and the Senior Director of Creative toensure on-set creative and processes are followed to a precise degree. Thisrole may require assisting on editorial shoots, special projects and casting.
What you'll do
- Create aspirational on-brand styling while maintaining a stronglevel of detail that represents the product & fit while protecting a strongbrand identity
- Collaborate with Style Director to set the tone for seasonal trendcut-through for photography and ensure cohesion across all members of stylingteam
- Partner with Creative Leadership team to innovate and evolve theway we bring product photography to life through styling & creativedirection
- Lead fittings for photo shoots with ability to speak to fit, productattributes, strategy, and assortment for the product at any given time
- Develop and maintain collaboration and partnership between studioand HQ styling teams at all times. Manage and inspire the stylists to ensurestyling is constantly evolving
- When needed, support the HQStyling team on seasonal and/or monthly style outs for various marketingdeliverables
- Own the development of standard operating procedures and thestyling guidelines
- Partner with studio leads to analyze studio quality and productivityto develop and implement process improvements
- Manage the Studio Styling Manager with clear direction on deliverables andexpectations while providing coaching and development within their role andcareer path
- Review style outs & photography with the Styling team andCreative teams with ability to provide and take feedback, make changes, andapply learnings forward
- Partner with Merchandising team to ensure product is wellrepresented and protected with business initiatives in mind throughout stylingprocess
- Maintain a strong presence on-set to ensure brand initiatives arewell represented while promoting a strong sense of team work and collaborationbetween all team members
- Ability and expertise to provide vision, direction, and feedbackon product and editorial laydown photography
- Ability to effectively provide and deliver retouching comments
- Ability to manage time efficiently, execute under tight deadlines,shift priorities with the demands of the business, and maintain high qualitystandards that represent the brand
- Partner with photo studio producers to book freelance Stylists andAssistant Stylists when needed based on production needs
- Partner with Art Directors and Producers to influence castings andbookings with a strong sense of fit & body shape as it applies to heroproduct
- Effectively collaborate with Art Directors and Producers tocommunicate appropriate casting as it applies to product categories,silhouettes and color within the upcoming shoot schedule.
- When applicable,on-board direct freelance stylists on photo shoots to ensure product is styledin accordance with brand guidelines.
Who you are
- 7-10 years of professional on-figure styling experience within a commercial and editorial photography studio with a proven knowledge of supporting and driving a brand vision
- 5+ years of managing a team of stylists
- Professional on-figure portfolio
- Exceptional eye for detail and fit
- Knowledge of commercial studio workflow
- Previous experience working in a high-volume commercial studio
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of workflow simultaneously including prioritization, planning and task delegation under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office and Google Docs
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs