About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
TheDigital Production Artist partners with Photography Art Directors, Stylists andGraphic Web Designers and is responsible for retouching and compositingon-figure and lay down imagery. The candidate must be experienced with theintricacies of high volume retouching production without sacrificing theoverall image quality. Deadline management is critical, as this person willneed to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible tothe ever-changing environment.
What you'll do
- Focus on retouching and editing on-figure and flat-styledimages in a high volume studio without sacrificing image quality.
- Verify color of products using physical samples and referencefiles.
- Evaluate imagery to ensure they meet imagery brand standards,including proper product color, skin tone color, contrast and shadows.
- Ensure visual consistency of images within projects andacross the overall website.
- Partner with Asset Managers, Producers and Production Artistson workflow and file management with our internal systems.
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional partners whenproblem solving.
- Ability to understand, embrace and execute markup requestsand the overall brand vision/goal.
- Thrive in our environment that is high-volume, fast-paced andfeedback driven.
Who you are
- Impressive skin tone retouching, compositing and color correction abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop CC, color management, composites and masking.
- Understand Photoshop action sets, image resolution, color space, and image file formats
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Google Docs and use of FTP
- Strong visual skills, attention to detail and an eye for consistency and color
- Keen understanding of lighting, reflections and textures
- Understanding of digital file handling, photography and graphic design
- Creative and technical problem solving abilities
- Manage last minute changes gracefully and take direction easily
- Exceptionally organized with the proven ability to multi-task competing projects against aggressive deadlines.
- Degree or related experience in the photography, design or related field
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years retouching experience in a high-volume environment.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs