Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Assistant Manager, Fabric R&D supports leadership toleverage consumer insights, mill strategies, and key trends to drive fabricdevelopment, innovation, costing and positioning. He/She will enable the ‘FabricFirst’ mentality and strategy throughout the product-to-market process. He/Shealso works with Mill Management and Fabric Engineering teams in Asia to enableleadership direction based on cross-functional strategies.
What you'll do
Assist in research and development of fabric and/or yarns
- Meet regularly with mills and Gap core suppliers to learnany new technologies, updates in finishing and innovation
- Attend local fabric shows and meet with mills to explore newtechnology, develop mill relationships and research fabric direction.
- Partner closely with GIS with all new developmentcommunication, initiate any testing needs and address any fabric concerns.
Create and Maintain fabric information in PLM
Own communication for all seasonal sample yardage requests
Request and Track Tailoring Garment Requests
- Maintain development request charts and testing developmentstatus charts
Review testing failure results with Quality team
- Monitor all calendar deliverables to ensure all deadlinesand development dates are met
Organize and maintain fabric library
Organize and maintain seasonal development books
Organize and maintain SMR reference cuttings
Who you are
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Basic technical knowledge of fabric/yarn
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions
An understanding of the garment Production cycle
- Ability to work closely and partner effectively with designers and vendors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to regularly interface with and influence management.
Strong attention to detail and thorough follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs