About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Associate Stylist is responsible for executing product styling at Gap Inc’s in-house Photo Studio. This role will be styling product on figure in our San Francisco photo production operations. The Associate Stylist will work with our internal and external partners to ensure brand aesthetics are applied consistently for the brand.
What you'll do
- Execute product styling consistent with the brands styling point of view, to include laydown, hanging, pin-ups, mannequin, on figure and special laydown techniques.
- Understand the marketing and merchandising seasonal objectives and executing visual direction based on those objectives.
- Collaborate and foster partnerships with online brand styling/creative team to promote/ensure product styling consistency across all channels by utilizing deep functional expertise to recommend and implement solutions.
- Create, maintain the support the brand product style guide for the e-commerce site and effectively communication changes to affected cross functional business partners.
- Responsible for training stylist freelance talent.
- Drive photography workflow by assessing the volume and photography set requirements.
- Identify, document & presenting process efficiencies within the Styling/Photography workflow.
Who you are
Ability to balance creative with strategic deliverables.
Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – Photo Studio, creative, merchandising, and marketing.
Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills.
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Comfortable working with Capture One, Word, Excel and ability to master internal databases proficiently. FileMaker Pro and databases in general.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs