Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The fabric assistant manager will be responsible for supporting the Fabric Managers with organization of reference materials, tracking developmental tools, updating seasonal charts, and PLM raw data output.
About the Role:
What you'll do
- Maintain fabric library by filing new qualities, re-shelving checked out materials, seasonally purging outdated items. Ensure that the library is up-to-date at all times for maximum efficiency.
- Create and maintain seasonal fabric reference materials so that all information is easily accessible for current + past seasons.
- Collect + distribute fabric headers as they are received. Maintain a system of distribution to design, library and fabric managers.
- Assist managers with the seasonal presentations of fabric. Create + update organized boards that can be referenced for platformed, liability, and newly-developed qualities.
- Work with managers to update seasonal fabric charts. Create filtered versions of the charts as required for different users.
- Prepare seasonal wash blank requests.
- Track the incoming wear tests, check in, label as needed and organize selections for each wearer.
- Input fabric information into PLM to create reference numbers for bill of materials.
Who you are
Basic computer knowledge with ability to createand update files in Excel.
Ability to learn how to use Gap PLM system.
Excellent organization and communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and escalateprioritization needs when applicable.
4- or 2-year degree preferred or equivalentindustry experience
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs