About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Gap strives to be the leading retailer in the marketplace, by delivering best in class product and an effortless customer experience. The NA Field Communications PM works with our cross-functional field support functions to deliver timely, clear and concise direction that enables flawless execution across both Specialty and Factory stores. Store communications should convey the Brand story, inspire and motivate all store employees through high energy and high impact messaging delivered daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly on the right channel based on audience.
The Project Manager manages all phases of communication, including writing, creating, editing and publishing messaging. Critical to execution is creating partnerships to ensure on-time delivery of content, accuracy of information, translation, publication to the appropriate audiences, pre-informs to senior leaders (as needed), etc. All PM’s are also responsible for working together to incorporate each message request to the larger editorial planning tools and annual communications strategy, to safeguard the volume of information is digestible and the delivery vehicle produces the best result for store teams. They will partner with departments throughout the organization to drive the customer and employee experience, profitability, productivity, develop and recommend new processes as well as remediation plans for outdated/ineffective processes.
• Manages all phases of communication, including writing, creating, editing and publishing messaging
• Manages Store Communications Technology (Store Portal and Zipline)
• Acts as a trusted advisor to leaders, keeping the Brand competitive while understanding the impact of initiatives on customer experience, employee engagement, and compliance.
• Analyzes opportunities, drives results and measures the success of initiatives in the store environment.
• Maintains working global knowledge of competitor practices; provides benchmarking and key insights.
• Partners with Store Operations Leadership Team to define, prioritize, and implement strategic initiatives in support of divisional strategies and divisional financial goals.
• Delivers solution oriented, well executed initiatives on time and on budget, which drive store performance.
• Supports execution of Field and HQ engagement, meetings and events
• Preserves Brand image and priorities in stores, with customer as the primary focus.
Who you are
• Continuous Learning - articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
• Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals
• Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
• Self-Accountability – sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
• Problem Solving – articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions
• Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
• Ambiguity – Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and act quickly and decisively
• Gap Inc. retail field experience highly preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• 2-3 years’ communication or retail operations experience, with varying scope and responsibility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.