About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This is a FP&A role that oversees the Upper Field and Other Store Expenses on the Banana Republic Specialty Stores and Factory Stores P&L Statement. Upper Field consists of the payroll, travel, and conferences budget for the field management team. Other Store Expense consists of all SG&A expenses that are incurred in a store outside of payroll.
What you'll do
- Effectively manage expenses and own development and communication of monthly Upper Field and Other Store Expense financial forecasts and close for both Banana Republic Specialty and Factory channels that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management.
- Provide business partners with ongoing financial insight into operational efficiencies; assess and communicate spending reduction opportunities; share early identification of problem areas and relevant reporting as appropriate.
- Develop the annual budget for Upper Field and Other Store Expense that meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with BR strategies and incorporate recommendations from key business partners.
- Develop value-add cross-divisional and cross-functional partnerships to maintain awareness of business activities and leverage knowledge and best practices.
- Provide analytical support and respond to inquiries from business partners including Store Operations and Human Resources.
Who you are
BA in Finance, Accounting or related field. CPA or MBA a plus
FP&A experience including: forecasting, month-end close and budgeting
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a cohesive framework
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management
Proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and work collaboratively with functional partners
Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with other groups, as necessary
Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Hyperion Essbase experience a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs